Monday, September 25, 2017

American Dream Prep

September 26, 2017
E.Q: How do you create identity?Identify how others see you based on point of view.Create claims to justify your reasoning.Research the validity of the American Dream.Discuss whether or not the American Dream is alive.Obj: I can determine how I create identity.I can identify how others see me based on point of view.I can create claims to justify my reasoning.I can research the validity of the American Dream.I can discuss whether or not the American Dream is alive.
Starter: 
Reflect on your mini project.Write yourself a plus and delta based on your finished product. 
Vocabulary: Word: IdentityPart of Speech: NounDictionary Definition: the distinguishing character or personality of an individual Your Definition: Activity: Fill in the sentence.I am analyzing my identity as a ___________ because ____________.
Image result for identity quotes
Activity: 
1.  Perspective and Point of View Project Gallery Walk
Take out your project and display it clearly at your table.You will get 7 minutes to observe your peers products.For at leastFIVE people, give them a plus and delta.
Image result for point of view


2.  American Dream Socratic Seminar Prep 
Is the American Dream Real- John Green

Topic:Evaluate the current status of the American Dream.Draw conclusions as to whether it is dead or alive. 
Create Cornell notes based off the articles below or selections of your choice. 
Not DeadCNBCStill Alive, But Unrecognized
Dead7 Facts that Prove it is DeadThe American Dream is Dead
Multiple Article ResourceNYTimes
PodcastFreakonomics
Closure: 
What is your present stance on the American dream?Explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment